Sunday, January 13, 2013

November 2012

 

So getting on with my year in review, November saw us at the Southern California Handweavers’ Guild Weaving and Fiber Festival. Wow what a mouthful! And it was truly an amazing time. My sister gamely came along with my Fav and me, and ended up spinning roving into yarn better than I did! I will say that all of us had a great and enlightening time, and if you have talked with me since, I know you had an earful about the history of fabric and fashion. Sorry lol.

We had such a great time, and sooooo much information was to be had that we have no images. yep NO images from that day. BUT here is what I have done with what I got…

image

Roving's and yarns and ply's oh my!

image

My first yarn, I crocheted single ply into a pattern sample. I so loved the smoothness of it. It is so chunky and hence a small skein that cant be much more. Maybe I will make a pieced blanket with it some time…hmmm who knows?

The green skein is my second and also a single ply and the pink is my first plyed yarn! Yay! It is a 3 ply recycled silk yarn I can hardly wait to use.

image

As you can see I have gotten better / more consistent with my spinning. I am quite proud of my orange and crème variated wool yarn. This I will also ply.

 

image image

And finally, my first and current yarn spun on the DODEC Spindle Wheel my Fav and I made this holiday season. My goal is to fabricate a garment from start to finish this year. We will see how that goes. We are going to try growing cotton again this year following some tips from some of the awesome spinners and weavers from the Guild. I will be sure to let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment