Sunday, January 26, 2014

A Year In Reflection : August 2013

 

Rhetoric, Built-in Book shelf, Juice fast and raw food cleanse that changed everything, and The accidental Co-Op.

Wow was this month jam packed. We again attended a wonder-filled worship-full evening of poetry, prose and exhortation at Rhetoric, and await in great anticipation the 2014 addition. For more information and access to videos of last years poetry go to :  http://www.p4cm.com/

We created one of what will be two custom built-in book shelves YAY! I absolutely love knowing I made the molding that adorns the sides, and the storage we provided to our little home. It awaits it’s finishing paint and crown molding which we decided to add. but other than that. Yep it’s done!

08231322130823132257IMG_0073

There were things in my body that were out of order, which led me to take charge of my own health and healing. So I decided to begin my healing by going on a fast. What was supposed to be a 7 day all juice cleansing fast, turned into something more. You can read all about what I did in this blog post Here.

image

Well that fast turned into The Accidental Co-Op. How is that possible? Well while I was juicing ALL  of my “meals” I found the cost to be, um, a bit expensive for the amount of everything I needed to truly be successful. In that I was committed, I knew I needed an alternate food source, and our summer garden was coming to an end and we needed quantity. So we decided to purchase our food in bulk. To make a long story short people began asking what we were up to, recognizing a change in my life, weight, energy, etc.… and wanted to know where we were getting all our food. One thing lead to another, conversations happened, and BAM! Accidental Co-Op.

0815131318a

DISCLAIMER : WE ARE NOT RUNNING A CO-OP AS A BUSINESS. WE BUY FOOD AND SHARE THE COST AND GOODS WITH OUR CLOSE FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

If you are interested in a co-op, and there are many to choose from may I suggest visiting

http://www.farmplate.com

Type in your zip code and it will give you a host of options for great locally harvested organic food.

I love doing year in review posts. They help me see and note the things I found interesting and important in life. What were you up to last year?

No comments:

Post a Comment