Friday, June 6, 2014

Etsy Craft Night at Off The 14

 

I was both honored and thrilled to be invited to the first ever Craft Party at Off The 14. If you don’t know, it’s “Your "go-to" guide to local shopping, dining, events, services & night life in the AV.” Located in a trendy little space on The Boulevard Space722, Lancaster that is, whose owner has a great vision for our home town.

And this is what I made!

IMG_6889

Isn’t it adorable. It was my first time messing around with rhinestones, and I think It came out great. Thanks Miss A. And yes that is some hand stitched embroidery around the image of my mom. Don’t look too close!

My grandmother taught me to embroider by hand, and while I never really got in to it, doing this reminded me of her, and I was glad to be able to embellish this image of my mom with it.

Oh and did you notice? why yes, it IS the first image I placed on my wall. Sad I know but as a photographer with literally hundreds of thousands of images, it’s hard to choose just the right ones to display.

IMG_6890

So here’s to a great night for beginnings OFF THE 14!

No comments:

Post a Comment