Friday, November 14, 2014

Random Thoughts : Floral Revelation

 

I was off in my imagination as I am prone to be from time to time, thinking of the time early in our marriage when My Fav brought me home one tootsie roll to help me kick my chocolate habit, I was going through withdrawal don’t judge me, and there was a question posed to me. “Why don’t you like flowers?” And here begins the lesson.

plant2

Why don’t I like flowers? I do like flowers. I have flowers in my garden and I love them. But for someone (like My Fav) who wants to bring them to me, well, I’d just as soon have fabric or yarn. It’s not that I don’t like them. Really they are beautiful.

These are my favorite.

plant3

 

It’s just that they don’t last. They die too quickly. To enjoy them for a very short while, you have to go through strange interventions (putting aspirin or bleach in the water…), and then they are gone.

Once they are disconnected from their source, they are susceptible to all manner of ailments, they become limp, and lose some the of their luster, they need to be kept in hospice like situations to hang on with constant nursing, at a constant temperature and they are outside their original purpose.

But plants, flowers in a field or garden. They are different. Do they die? Yes. All things living will someday die. But when they do, because they are connected to their source, all of their energy, their life essence, is returned to the root of the plant feeding that next generation of flowers. While the flower is connected to the plant, the glorious sunlight it receives feeds the root, enriches the soil, provides nourishment for insects, birds amphibians etc., and in return it’s life span is extended and it glistens so much more brilliantly.

plant1

As are we. When we are connected to God, The Source of All Life, we never really die or cease to exist. The essence of who we are remains in the generations that come after us. When we are connected to God, The Source of All Life, our purpose, that which brings us glory, enhances and enriches the experience of all connected to God, The Source of All Life. And all who are connected with us benefit from our shine. When we are connected to God, The Source of All Life, our living experience is rich and full and long we are satisfied with long abundant life.

plant4

John 15:5 (CJB) | In Context | Whole Chapter

 “I am the vine and you are the branches. Those who stay united with me, and I with them, are the ones who bear much fruit; because apart from me you can’t do a thing.”

1 comment:

  1. Thank you L' for sharing your experience with us. Love ya

    ReplyDelete