Monday, February 4, 2013

Sew With Me – Dress 1

 

FAQ’s

Do I have to make all the dresses? 

Not at all! I am just thrilled you would consider making even one with me! I only ask that you donate it =-D

How much fabric / what type of fabric, do I need for the dresses?

Each dress takes about 1 to 2 yards of fabric. I am using 100% cotton because it is lightweight, holds it shape well, and is readily available.

What is the time line for the dresses?

My goal is to make one dress a month-ish, but every Monday, I will be posting or putting up tips and extras that are associated with that months dress. For instance, For January’s dress, we made our own bias tape the first week, and now this week we are making the dress…

Can I just buy a dress?

Yes you can purchase a dress and donate it to :

Lira School Dress Project   
1701 Lytle Trail
Abilene, TX 79602

Can I just make my own dress from a pattern I already have / Can I just purchase a pattern?

Absolutely, this project is something I am personally committed to doing. Even though I am super busy, I decided to take one day a week (Mondays) and do something that is personally fulfilling to me, and decided to share. Sew…. come on! Sew along!

Now that that is out of the way! Here is the video. As the video is not in real time, I suggest you watch it in it’s entirety the first time through so that you can become familiar with the process, and then pause it at each step as you are sewing along with me! Till next Monday!

Oh and if you have any questions or comments, please fell free to post them here, and I will be sure to respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment